Monday, August 5, 2013

Fishing Report for Guntersville 8/2/13




No. I'm not dead. I haven't given up fishing. I haven't boarded myself up in my bug out shelter (yet). I've been insanely busy with everything from work, to vacations, to softball, and back to work. Yep. I've been training to get my level III certifications in Radiography, Ultrasonic Testing, among other NDE methods. Those are 40 hour training classes capped off with tests....Then there is school. Yep, closing in on that masters. Then there is softball, and playing 4 nights a week. Plus a garden, 3 kids....

Ok, so yall don't care. Remind you, again, on why I haven't been fishing in 2 months.....right?  TWO MONTHS! WHAT.

Yep, it really has been that long.

Anyway, we put in at GoosePond Colony and went to the last place that we had caught some fish(2 months ago). We had both discussed the need to get better on a few summer patterns. Namely, flipping and cranking ledges. We started out flipping and I quickly had a hit that didn't connect.

Josh, on the other hand, pounded a solid pig as he was picking out a backlash. It was hilarious. And I got it on film! HAHA! You should have seen the look on his face as he brought in the bait and realized there was a fish on the other end.

After a few more flips, he started throwing a swimbait and connected on a second 4 pounder. That's all I needed to see. I started throwing the PowerTeam Lures Hammer Shad. I experimented with a variety of retrieve methods, but it didn't take long to figure out that the fish didn't seem to care. The only downside to the day was that I simply could not catch a measuring fish. Fish after fish hit the HammerShad, but they were all small. Not having been able to feel a tug on my line for some time, I really didn't mind. In fact, about 6pm I finally boat swung a healthy keeper and I put the rods down and called it a day! On the day, we caught around 20 fish with only about 5 of them measuring. The best 5 weighed about 16 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment