Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bass Pro Shops Pro Lite Baitcast Reel Product Review

Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter!
Read about all of my Fishing Adventures!

This is a product review for the Bass Pro Shops Prolite bait cast reel.

Most of my friends and fishing buddies (oh yea, I have to separate them...J/K guys)know that I have been a HUGE Shimano man. Not just Shimano, but the Citica series. I currently use 6 of them. You cannot beat the price and performance. I have had one fail on me and it took 4 years of throwing frogs in the nastiest conditions...hundreds (no exaggeration here) of fish....with no maintenance. In fact, it is still salvageable...but that's not what this post is about.

My buddy gave me the opportunity to buy one of these for a decent deal. I looked them up and read the stats on them. 9+1 bearings. 6.3:1 ratio. Weighs 7.6 oz aluminum. Very low profile. But, would I live it more than my Shimanos? So, I stuck it on my new Boyd Duckett X-Heavy Bama Rig Rod. The price was about 40 dollars cheaper than a shimano...so I thought I would try it.

I set it up about like I would set up a shimano. Right out of the box it performed excellent. Smooth retrieve. I haven't had a backlash yet. I am throwing a 2 ounce bama rig on 65 pound braid with the aforementioned X-Heavy. I LOVE the low profile design. It fits me better than the shimano. It has extra soft and grippy grips which you would normally have to pay extra for.




So far, I am in love with it. But only time will tell how long it will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment