Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Best5Kids First Deer Hunt

I got ultra brave a few weeks ago and took my kids out to deer hunt for the first time. Luckily my dad and uncle build fantastic shooting houses. We fired up the buddy heater and they chowed on snacks.

The funniest thing was when Griffin got his tablet out and said:
"But where's the wifi?"

We saw a few deer, though they are used to seeing them out in the wild. It was the first time that they saw them in a hunting situation. I explained to them that it took YEARS before I ever saw a deer from a stand! And those days certainly weren't as comfortable as they were experiencing. I am so fortunate to have the ability to hunt as I would like and to have two kids who are interested (if only for a few minutes) in getting out there with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment