Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Save the Date: "Fishin' for a Mission" to Benefit Eagle's Wings, Inc

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!

Many of you know that half of my wife's family lives on Tuscaloosa lake. I try and get down there to fish it whenever I can. One of the reasons I grew to enjoy fishing this lake was because her uncle Tony and I participate in the annual "Fishin' for a Mission" tournament to benefit Eagle's Wings, Inc. 

What is Eagle's Wings all about? Here is their synopsis taken from their website:

"Eagles' Wings, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides day habilitation services for adults with mild, moderate and severe intellectual and physical disabilities, including those who are medically fragile.  We strive to provide a wide array of services to meet their spiritual, physical, emotional, social and vocational needs.  Our primary objective is centered on happiness for each individual in a respectful, secure, nurturing and structured environment which maximizes potential for independence, productivity and integration
with the surrounding community."


My mother is an occupational therapist at United Cerebral Palsy Center and I grew up with a very good understanding of how difficult it is to have and raise a child with special needs. It doesn't stop when they grow up, yet much of the help and support does. Eagle's Wings strives to support and help!

We have the opportunity to help them with their goals by participating in their fishing tournament. Here is all you need to know.


Additionally, you can contact Becky for more info.

I have fished this tournament 3 years and have absolutely loved it! My accounts of it can be found here:
Eagle's Wings 2012
Eagle's Wings 2011
Read about me making the Tuscaloosa News

If you are from Tuscaloosa and love to fish, there is no excuse for you not to go! I love fishing the lake. It offers a fantastic ability to catch magnum spots by the dozens or you can go largemouth hunting! Most of all, it's a chance to help out Eagle's Wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment