Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Product Review for Bass Mafia Bait Coffin 3700 Deep

Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter!
Read about all of my Fishing Adventures!
Follow my Fish of 2017


"The Bass Mafia Bait Coffin 3700 Deep is a serious storage container built for holding your most valued lures and tackle. The extreme durability of the Bass Mafia Bait Coffin 3700 Deep makes it waterproof, corrosion-resistant, and virtually indestructible. Designed with large customizable compartments, the Bass Mafia Bait Coffin 3700 Deep can hold the super-sized plastics and hardbaits that might not fit in a traditional stowaway.
Dimensions:
8-1/2" X 14-1/4" X 4-1/4" "

For Christmas, one of my good friends bought me a Bass Mafia Bait Coffin. I was really excited about these, since, like many of you, I have grown tired of buying Flambeau or Plano boxes every season.

If you are as fortunate as I, you fish with a lot of different people in a lot of different boats, including my own. This means that on a weekly basis, I am transferring my storage boxes into multiple vehicles. They get dropped, thrown around, and generally beat up. I probably average replacing at least three boxes a year. Seeing that I am a versatile fisherman, I have around ten boxes in my boat at any one time. This is only for terminal tackle and hard baits, as I store my plastics in Zip-Loc bags. So, I replace a third of my storage containers a year to the tune of around $40. 

As many of you know, fishing isn't a cheap sport, but it would be nice not to have an additional $40 or more a year for something that doesn't catch fish. 

Enter the Bass Mafia Bait Coffin. Now, the price is daunting, as it carries a nearly $40 price tag from most vendors. However, it also has a warranty that the other two companies don't offer. 

Pros
  • I use this for my jigs, in particular. No longer do I have multiple boxes for jigs. They all fit. 
  • This box is a very, very hearty box and the lid will latch solidly, even if it is over capacity.
  • The shear number of slots make it perfect to hold a lot of baits and to keep them separated.
  • There is a warranty. 
Cons
  • This box is heavy. That may not matter to most people, but for some people (especially performance boat guys), it will be an extra few pounds if you use multiple Bait Coffins
  • Storing a lot of baits in one box is great, but it doesn't fit a lot of boat storage areas. In particular, many boats are designed with the aforementioned companies in mind. This will not fit anything similar. Therefore, I have to just lay my boxes in the rod/bait locker however it will fit. 
  •  Each box costs in excess of $40. 
  • The dividers slip out of place just as easily as any other company's
My Experience

I have been very pleased with my Bait Coffin, regardless of the Cons. I did have a latch corner break, which is very common with these boxes. I emailed the support at Bass Mafia and they asked for a picture of the damage and proof of purchase. Though I had the picture of the damage, I didn't have proof of purchase, since it was a gift. I explained that and they sent me a replacement.

Of course, the replacement wasn't what I expected. I recieved an entirely new box along with a Bass Mafia hat and bumper sticker! 

So, despite the additional cost over competitors, the warranty made it worth the purchase. I was so pleased that I bought their Terminal Coffin as well, which I also like, very much. 




No comments:

Post a Comment