Thursday, April 2, 2015

Product Review for RAVPower 15W Solar Charger

Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter!

Check out all of my Product/Equipment Reviews


A few months ago, the family and I headed to Florida to watch our Auburn Tigers play in their bowl game. On the way down, the kids watched videos on their mobile devices. I had borrowed a RAVPower External Battery from my mother in law. It was a lifesaver. As soon as I got home (actually, I bought one while in Florida), I purchased my own. I have since reviewed it, and you can read that review below.


Product Review for RAVPower 15,000mAh External Battery


As many of you know, I love the outdoors. And, like most people, I like to remain in touch with the rest of the world via social media while snapping pictures and videos. Running a GoPro while I tweet live-action shots takes up a lot of power, and sometimes it's hard to carry around all the extra charger and batteries. 

When talking to a co-worker, he suggest I look into solar chargers, as the technology has come a long way. A quick look on Amazon showed me that RAVPower also made several different solar chargers. 

I wanted one that I could easily fit into a pack and didn't weigh very much. Additionally, one with enough charging potential where I could run 2 mobile devices continuously with decent sun light. 

The 15W version looked to be about perfect for my needs, so I picked one up off Amazon. Here is a link to the exact one I purchased. 



I used it for the first time yesterday as I was out fishing. We weren't catching anything, so I decided to try it out. You can read about it here:

Fishing Report for Guntersville 4/1/15


The battery of my Samsung S5 was at 54% and the charge in my RAVPower external battery was under 75%. Though the sunlight was superb, I did not optimize the angle for the charger and simply stretched it out on the deck of the boat. In under 30 minutes, both devices were full charged using the two USB ports. I am very pleased. I will update this review as time goes on and I can fully understand its durability and performance in lower light conditions. 

Here are the specs:
Item Weight1.5 pounds
Product Dimensions14.2 x 7.5 x 1.2 inches
Item model numberRP-SC02
Size15W
ColorBlack
Power SourceSolar
Item Package Quantity1
  • High conversion solar charging technology keeps your device powered up with free limitless solar power
  • iSmart technology ensure 100% compatibility and fastest charging speed for your Apple, Android, Tablets, and USB Powered Devices
  • Foldable design, easy to carry around, great for any outdoor trips/activities
  • Two ports with max 3 A total output to charge two devices simultaneously and save you time
  • Water-resistant and mould-resistant nylon to endure all weather conditions

No comments:

Post a Comment