Monday, July 13, 2015

Best5Zach's German Cucumber Salad Recipe

Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter!
Check out my Fish of 2014
Follow my Fish of 2015

























If you follow me on social media, you know I love to post about my food...both what I cook and what I eat. Well, Saturday I was getting blown up over a recipe that I had posted. Well, people wanted the recipe for the picture I posted. So, I said I would. It's a very easy (and very good) recipe for enjoying the fruits of your labor!

You will need around 5 small cucumbers (or 3 extra large store bought ones) for 4-5 adults. De-skin them and slice them as thin as you can. Place them in a colander and liberally sprinkle Kosher salt on them. Shake the colander. The object is to remove as much of the water from the cucumbers as possible. It will allow the finished product to be nice and thick. 

While the cucumbers are draining, go pick some fresh herbs from your raised herb garden, which you built like mine! 


I like to use a small palm full of a combination of rosemary and dill. You need about 15 small leaves of the former and around 10 full sprigs of the later. Mince these finely. 

Prepare a mixture with the following:

  • 2 Cups of Sour Cream
  • 1 TBL spoon of mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon of sugar
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic
  • Dash of sage
  • Crushed black pepper to your desire
Mix this with your minced herbs

Resalt the slices cucumbers and shake well. The salt you have added for pulling out the water will be adequate for the whole dish. 

Dump the cucumbers in a quarter at the time and stir well to ensure each is properly coated. 

Enjoy! Make sure to share this with your friends and family!


No comments:

Post a Comment