Thursday, March 27, 2014

AR V2.0 Part 3: Modifications

Make sure to read all of my Last Man on Earth Studies!


In case you have missed it, please go read AR-15 V2.0 to get up to date.
Last time I updated you, I had received the upper assembly and bolted it all together. I hinted that I wanted to go to a low profile gas block, and so I did. I ordered the UAG 0.750 low profile gas block.

When I received it, I immediately knew something was wrong. The gas tube didn't fit into the gas tub port. In fact, it became stuck and eventually bent the tube and broke the tip. Awesome, I know. So, I had to order e replacement on Amazon, which cost me about $7. Most importantly, I cost me some time to take off the factory A2 gas block and site, which isn't terrible, but it's a hassle.

In the meantime, I came across a sweet deal on a Palmetto State bullet pictograph blemished lower. They are perfectly functioning units but may have cosmetic blemishes. No matter as I am keeping this gun.
Yes, I am aware that I already had an assembled lower for this gun. Call me vain, but I wanted an all PSA gun. Additionally, I had a lower parts kit come in yesterday, so I took some time and assembled it. Additionally, I received a new gas tube, which I installed and then reassembled the whole gun.

That also included going to Academy and buying a new MFT composite quad rail. It's not the nicest, but it will do until I can get a full floating setup.

Guess what...even this current setup won't be the final one. I found a SMOKING deal on a MOE FDE build kit. I will be swapping the furniture when I get it.



No comments:

Post a Comment