Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Equipment Review for Bass Pro Extreme Series Spinning reel

Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter!
Read about all of my Fishing Adventures!

Follow my Fish of 2014


As many of my readers will know, I have made an honest effort at getting back to the basics of bass fishing. When the water is tough and the fish won't bite the power baits, you got to be able to throw the shakey head. Considering that I didn't own a spinning reel any more, that might be a problem.

This Xmas, I received a Bass Pro card from my loving father and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. However, I didn't have much money to spend and I had learned my lesson on buying cheap spinning reels. I had heard good things on the Extreme series reels and decided that I would give it a try. I purchased the EX20B. Even got it on sale for $49.99!


Here is the link to check it out!


When I received it, I was simply amazed at the smoothness. I spooled it with 8 pound Seguar red label. The first time I got to use it was at Logan-Martin. When the day got tough, I swapped from power fishing to the shakey head. It hasn't disappointed me since. It has handled some very nice fish since.

For the money, the BPS Extreme Reels cannot be beat. Period.

My only issues with the reel are:
The drag is touchy. It goes from very loose to very tight REAL quick.
The bail is setup in such a way the catches the line every few casts

Other than that...terrific piece of weaponry!

No comments:

Post a Comment