Friday, December 14, 2012

Product / Equipment Review for Phoenix Technology Mossberg 500 and Maverick 88 Rear Pistol Grip

Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter!
Read about all of my Fishing Adventures!

A few months ago, I picked up a Maverick 88 12-gauge for home defense. While I had several shotguns, most of them are nice pieces that I don't really want dedicated to such duty.

The Maverick came with a fixed stock, which I didn't really like. I wanted to chop down the profile of the gun and make it easier to both store and wield (as needed).

I didn't really want to buy the overpriced units found at most chain stores. I didn't want the hassle of dealing with the local gun dealer. Amazon makes it very easy to do such shopping. Plus, I have a Prime account.

So, I got on Amazon and looked around. I found the Phoenix Technology Mossberg 500 and Maverick 88 Rear Pistol Grip for sale for a decent price of under $16. It comes in 3 colors.  So, I purchased it.

A few days later, it came in the mail. It took less than 5 minutes to install on the gun.

Pros
  • Ease of install
  • Plastic quality
  • Usefulness
Cons
  • Fit and finish on the gun isn't the best. The sides of the grip are wider than the gun itself
But, for the price...hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment