Friday, December 14, 2012

Product / Equipment Review for Taurus Millennium Pro PT145



Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter!
Read about all of my Fishing Adventures!
Don't forget to check out ALL of my Last Man On Earth Studies posts!

***Updated 9/25/13***
Up until recently, I had been conceal carrying a Springfield 1911. But, as you are probably aware, that's a big gun for a small guy to carry. So, I started looking into a compact .45. My reasons for wanting to stay with the .45, despite what I have said about Commonality, were that:

1)I had a LOT of .45 ammo bought
2)Can't beat the knockdown power at short range
3)It's a shooters caliber. It doesn't beat you to death and it isn't too loud

I was looking at high-cap guns, but couldn't afford what I REALLY wanted in either the Glock 30 or the Springfield XD45, both of which reach into the low $500s.

Having bought the Taurus TCP .380 and being fairly satisfied (see my review here), I started looking into the Millennium Pro .45. Price point was right....finding it on sale local for $355.

You can find info on the gun here.


I went and picked on up. Came with two mags. It, like the TCP is a fairly small gun. Easy to conceal, even for me. It is fairly lightweight, though not as light as I would like. It's a little top heavy.  I, personally, don't like the designer etchings and I plan on having them removed. But, the metal slide means you can have it coated, that's a plus. Shooting it is interesting. It's not very accurate over 10 yards. It's very loud and has a long trigger pull. ***Update***But, I did some research and found out a few little tricks to make it better. Here is the post about Light Handgun Repair. It made all the difference and now it is a solid gun.

Pros:

  • Easy to conceal
  • Price point
  • Ruggedness
  • Ergonomics
  • Great warranty
Cons:
  • Long trigger pull
  • Required a little work to become accurate and dendable
  • Loud
  • Top heavy (metal slide on polymer grip)
Great carry gun for those on a budget, however. In a tight spot, it will do the trick! You can currently buy this gun for $299 at select dealers. 


2 comments:

  1. You need a bench rest, a second shooter, a chronograph and accuracy numbers. :) Maybe get some loudness numbers from a smartphone, too.

    Where are you shooting, anyway?
    --Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can nicely write on similar topics! Welcome to here you'll find out how it should look. Taurus

    ReplyDelete