Friday, March 1, 2013

Aubree and Griffin Play with the Chickens

Believe it or not, it was my parents...not I...that really made the first moves to become self sufficient. Sure, I (try to) grow a garden each year. I buy a whole cow at a time. I love to fish and hunt. But, the real move to self sufficiency comes with providing yourself a year round supply of nutrients. And my parents accomplished this last year by buying and raising chickens.

Was it because they genuinely fear teh coming financial meltdown/zombie apocalypse/Global war? Probably not. But, they have them. And the chickens provide more than eggs each day. They are social. Fun to watch. Relatively easy to take care of.

As far as the kids are concerned, they are an endless source of entertainment. Ok. I admit it. I love watching them cluck and scratch!

I took this video yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. video gold would have been you forgetting to turn off the electric fence.

    ReplyDelete