Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fishing with Mr Ben on Guntersville

I am a very lucky guy. I have a gorgeous wife. Terrific kids. A great job. God continues to bless me in many ways. One of the little "extras" he blesses me with is the ability to fish with so many awesome friends. I don't care how good you are (or think you are) everyone has something to teach you....whether it's about fishing or life.

Mr. Ben is the father of one of my dedicated readers, Greg. Last year, while they were down from their respective home towns, they asked me to fish with them. We didn't kill the bass, but I showed them a few things and they showed me a few things (a la... I showed them throwing a Sammy into pockets of grass and they showed me the floating worm).

Well, they have continued to keep in touch with me.

I missed Ben the last few trips he made...but this trip I made it a point to find a way to fish with him. Even if it meant driving an hour each way to fish 2 hours. It's worth it.

So, Ben had been fishing for a few days straight with limited success. This day, he hadn't caught a fish. That set the tone for the afternoon. Well, sorta. The 20MPH growling wind and overcast skies did a good job, too.

I took him to a placed that I always catch at least a fish or two. It paid off quickly, so at least we didn't go home skunked. Well, he didn't, anyway. I had one weak hit on the PTL Gator all afternoon.

But, we had a great time. Shared some laughs. Hopefully I enriched him as he did me. It's always great to spend time with your elders.

It wasn't the strike filled day that Josh and I had on Saturday, but...it's fishing! Not catching!

Anyway, we got some vids of a few fish. Nothing spectacular...but it's something!

No comments:

Post a Comment